City leaders must build safe, sustainable, and adaptive cities to best face upcoming challenges. This requires intelligent transport systems, smart water management, business continuity and community resilience. International standards are a key tool for leaders to develop the best public policies and meet their citizens' needs.
Register for online or on-site participation
Where: Villa Rigot, Avenue de la Paix 9, 1202 Genève
Information for online participation will be made available to registered participants.
- Marcel Knecht, Chief Core Business Officer, Swiss Association for Standardization (SNV)
- Isabelle Vendeuvre, Standardization Manager, SUEZ Group; and Chair, ISO/TC 224 Drinking Water, Wastewater and Stormwater Systems and Services
- Dalia Yarom, Director, Standardization Division, Standards Institution of Israel (SII); and Chair, ISO/TC 282 Water Reuse
- Bernard Gindroz, Chair, ISO/TC 268 Sustainable Cities and Communities
- Michael Mulquin, Chair, IEC-SyC Smart Cities
- Shanfeng Dong, Convenor, TG1 of ISO/TC 268, Awareness-Raising, Communication and Promotion
- Dominique Würges, Chair, ITU-T SG5 Environment, EMF and Circular Economy
This event, organized jointly with the Geneva Cities Hub, will be an opportunity for local authorities to engage with experts from ISO, IEC and ITU on how standards can be developed and put to work regarding:
- water management,
- digitalization, and
- carbon emission reductions.
Snacks will be served at 12:30 pm.