The electronic version of this International Standard can be downloaded from the ISO/IEC Information Technology Task Force (ITTF) web site
ISO/IEC 10967-3:2005 is based on ISO/IEC 10967-2 and ISO/IEC 10967-1, as well as IEC 60559.
ISO/IEC 10967-3:2005 specifies the properties of complex and imaginary integer datatypes and floating point datatypes, basic operations on values of these datatypes as well as some numerical functions for which operand or result values are of imaginary or complex integer datatypes or imaginary or complex floating point datatypes constructed from integer and floating point datatypes satisfying the requirements of ISO/IEC 10967-1. These operations and functions are available in a variety of programming languages in common use for mathematical and numerical applications.
The specification includes:
- Basic imaginary integer and complex integer operations;
- Non-transcendental imaginary floating point and Cartesian complex floating point operations;
- Exponentiation, logarithm, radian trigonometric, and hyperbolic operations for imaginary floating point and Cartesian complex floating point;
- The results produced by an included floating point operation when one or more operand values include IEC 60559 special values; and
- Program-visible parameters that characterize certain aspects of the operations.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2006-05
Edition: 1Number of pages: 149
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 22 Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
- ICS :
- 35.060 Languages used in information technology
Buy this standard
|std 1 208||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.