ISO 9999:2007 establishes a classification of assistive products especially produced, or generally available, for persons with disability.
Assistive products used by a person with disability, but which require the assistance of another person for their operation, are included in the classification.
The following items are specifically excluded from ISO 9999:2007:
- items used for the installation of assistive products;
- solutions obtained by combinations of assistive products which are individually classified in this International Standard;
- assistive products and instruments used exclusively by healthcare professionals;
- non-technical solutions, such as personal assistance, guide-dogs or lip-reading;
- implanted devices;
- financial support.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2007-03
Edition: 4Number of pages: 86
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 173/SC 2 Classification and terminology
- ICS :
- 11.180.01 Aids for disabled and handicapped persons in general
ISO 9999:2007Stage: 95.99
Corrigenda / AmendmentsWithdrawn
ISO 9999:2007/Cor 1:2007
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.