ISO/IEC TR 24784:2009 specifies possible modifications of ISO/IEC 9995-1 to ISO/IEC 9995-8 to fulfil the changed market needs and the requirements for keyboard layouts and allocation of keycap imprints (including letters, numerals, symbols, and other markings on the keycaps) for alphanumeric and numeric input devices for all types of information and communication technology devices and systems including:
- personal computers, workstations, computer terminals, visual display terminals (VDTs);
- electronic typewriters and other machines with alphanumeric and numeric keyboards;
- mobile computer systems and multimedia devices with hardware or virtual keyboards;
- electronic document scanners and multifunction devices incorporating alphanumeric and/or numeric keyboards;
- calculators, telephones and automated teller machines having alphanumeric and/or numeric keypads/keyboards.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2009-04
Edition: 1Number of pages: 16
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 35 User interfaces
- ICS :
- 35.180 IT terminal and other peripheral equipment
ISO/IEC TR 24784:2009Stage: 95.99
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.