This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2020. Therefore this version remains current.
ISO/IEC 29115:2013 provides a framework for managing entity authentication assurance in a given context. In particular, it:
- specifies four levels of entity authentication assurance;
- specifies criteria and guidelines for achieving each of the four levels of entity authentication assurance;
- provides guidance for mapping other authentication assurance schemes to the four LoAs;
- provides guidance for exchanging the results of authentication that are based on the four LoAs; and
- provides guidance concerning controls that should be used to mitigate authentication threats.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2013-04
Edition: 1Number of pages: 36
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 27 Information security, cybersecurity and privacy protection
- ICS :
- 35.030 IT Security
Buy this standard
|std 1 166|
|std 2 166||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.