This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2020. Therefore this version remains current.
ISO/IEC TR 29144:2014 discusses
- concepts and considerations for the use of biometrics in a commercial Identity Management Solution,
- items that need to be considered when integrating biometrics into a commercial Identity Management Solution, and
- implementation issues when implementing biometrics into commercial Identity Management Solutions.
ISO/IEC TR 29144:2014 does not
- define an architecture and framework for IDM,
- discuss any specification or assessment of government policy,
- discuss the business need for a biometric database or process,
- discuss the specific biometrics and which ones are to be used in particular systems,
- consider the legality and acceptability in particular jurisdictions and cultures,
- analyse the general structure of identifiers and the global identification of objects (e.g. object identifiers), and
- discuss technical specifications in relation to the use of trusted biometric hardware and software.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2014-07
Edition: 1Number of pages: 12
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 37 Biometrics
- ICS :
- 35.240.15 Identification cards. Chip cards. Biometrics
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
Buy this standard
|std 1 61|
|std 2 61||Paper|
ISO/IEC TR 29144:2014
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.