ISO/TR 25257:2009 covers:
- specifying the international business requirements for an international coding system for medicinal products;
- analysing the most significant international coding systems for medicinal products in current use and within the context of the objectives that each system was designed to serve;
- assessing the potential ability of each international coding system to fulfil the identified international business requirements of an international coding system for medicinal products;
- considering the issues involved in producing a unified international coding system which will meet all business requirements;
- recommending next steps for a unified international coding system for medicinal products.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2009-09
Edition: 1Number of pages: 42
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 215 Health informatics
- ICS :
- 35.240.80 IT applications in health care technology
ISO/TR 25257:2009Stage: 95.99
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.