ISO/IEC 24791 defines a Software System Infrastructure that enables radio frequency identification (RFID) system operations between business applications and RFID interrogators. RFID software systems are composed of RFID interrogators, intermediate software systems, and applications that provide control and coordination of air interface operation, tag and sensor information exchange, and health and performance management of system components.
ISO/IEC 24791-1:2010 provides the following:
- an overview of the Software System Infrastructure;
- the relationship of the Software System Infrastructure to existing ISO components, e.g. ISO/IEC 15962;
- a basic description of each Software System Infrastructure component and the services that it provides (The detailed description of a particular component can be found in other parts of ISO/IEC 24791.);
- illustrative (informative) deployment models of the components of the Software System Infrastructure.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2010-08
Edition: 1Number of pages: 19
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 31 Automatic identification and data capture techniques
- ICS :
- 35.040.50 Automatic identification and data capture techniques
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
Buy this standard
|std 1 124|
|std 2 124||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.