This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2020. Therefore this version remains current.
ISO/IEC 19795-4:2008 prescribes methods for technology and scenario evaluations of multi-supplier biometric systems that use biometric data conforming to biometric data interchange format standards.
It specifies requirements needed to assess
- performance available from samples formatted according to a standard interchange format (SIF),
- performance available when samples formatted according to a SIF are exchanged,
- performance available from samples formatted according to a SIF, relative to proprietary data formats,
- SIF interoperability by quantifying cross-product performance relative to single-product performance,
- performance available from multi-sample and multimodal data formatted according to one or more SIFs, and
- performance interoperability of biometric capture devices.
In addition, ISO/IEC 19795-4:2008
- includes procedures for establishing an interoperable set of implementations,
- defines procedures for testing interoperability with previously established sets of implementations, and
- gives testing procedures for the measurement of interoperable performance.
It does not
- establish a conformance test for biometric data interchange formats, or
- provide test procedures for online data collection.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2008-06
Edition: 1Number of pages: 45
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 37 Biometrics
- ICS :
- 35.240.15 Identification cards. Chip cards. Biometrics
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
Buy this standard
|std 1 166|
|std 2 166||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.