ISO/IEC 1539-1:2010 specifies the form and establishes the interpretation of programs expressed in the base Fortran language. Its purpose is to promote portability, reliability, maintainability, and efficient execution of Fortran programs for use on a variety of computing systems.
ISO/IEC 1539-1:2010 specifies
- the forms that a program written in the Fortran language may take,
- the rules for interpreting the meaning of a program and its data,
- the form of the input data to be processed by such a program, and
- the form of the output data resulting from the use of such a program.
Except where stated otherwise, requirements and prohibitions specified by ISO/IEC 1539-1:2010 apply to programs rather than processors.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2010-10
Edition: 3Number of pages: 603
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 22 Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
- ICS :
- 35.060 Languages used in information technology
ISO/IEC 1539-1:2004/Cor 1:2006Withdrawn
ISO/IEC 1539-1:2004/Cor 2:2007Withdrawn
ISO/IEC 1539-1:2004/Cor 3:2008Withdrawn
ISO/IEC 1539-1:2004/Cor 4:2009Withdrawn
ISO/IEC TR 19767:2005
ISO/IEC 1539-1:2010Stage: 95.99
Corrigenda / AmendmentsWithdrawn
ISO/IEC 1539-1:2010/Cor 1:2012Withdrawn
ISO/IEC 1539-1:2010/Cor 2:2013Withdrawn
ISO/IEC 1539-1:2010/Cor 3:2014Withdrawn
ISO/IEC 1539-1:2010/Cor 4:2016
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.