This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2020. Therefore this version remains current.
ISO/IEC 18014 specifies time-stamping techniques. It consists of three parts, which include the general notion, models for a time-stamping service, data structures, and protocols.
ISO/IEC 18014-1:2008 describes a framework and defines the basic notion, the data structures, and protocols which are used for any time-stamping technique.
- identifies the objective of a time-stamping authority;
- describes a general model on which time-stamping services are based;
- describes a process of generating and verifying time-stamp;
- defines the data structures of time-stamp token;
- defines the basic protocols of time-stamping;
- specifies the protocols between the involved entities.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2008-09
Edition: 2Number of pages: 28
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 27 Information security, cybersecurity and privacy protection
- ICS :
- 35.030 IT Security
Buy this standard
|std 1 145|
|std 2 145||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Corrigenda / AmendmentsUnder development
ISO/IEC 18014-1:2008/WD Amd 1
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.