This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2021. Therefore this version remains current.
ISO/IEC 29109-4:2010 specifies elements of conformance testing methodology, test assertions, and test procedures as applicable to ISO/IEC 19794-4.
ISO/IEC 29109-4:2010 establishes
- test assertions of the structure of the finger image data format as specified in ISO/IEC 19794-4:2005 (Type A Level 1 as defined in ISO/IEC 29109-1:2009),
- test asssertions of internal consistency by checking the types of values that may be contained within each field (Type A Level 2 as defined in ISO/IEC 29109-1:2009),
- tests of semantic assertions (Type A Level 3 as defined in ISO/IEC 29109-1:2009).
ISO/IEC 29109-4:2010 does not establish
- tests of conformance of CBEFF structures required by ISO/IEC 19794-4:2005,
- tests of other characteristics of biometric products or other types of testing of biometric products (e.g. acceptance, performance, robustness, security),
- tests of conformance of systems that do not produce ISO/IEC 19794-4:2005 records.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2010-05
Edition: 1Number of pages: 15
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 37 Biometrics
- ICS :
- 35.240.15 Identification cards. Chip cards. Biometrics
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
Buy this standard
|std 1 92|
|std 2 92||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Corrigenda / AmendmentsPublished
ISO/IEC 29109-4:2010/Cor 1:2011
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.