ISO/IEC 15963:2009 describes numbering systems that are available for the identification of RF tags.
The unique ID can be used
- for the traceability of the integrated circuit itself for quality control in its manufacturing process,
- for the traceability of the RF tag during its manufacturing process and along its lifetime,
- for the completion of the reading in a multi-antenna configuration,
- by the anti-collision mechanism to inventory multiple tags in the reader's field of view, and
- for the traceability of the Item to which the RF tag is attached.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2009-09
Edition: 2Number of pages: 18
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 31 Automatic identification and data capture techniques
- ICS :
- 35.040.50 Automatic identification and data capture techniques
ISO/IEC 15963:2009Stage: 95.99
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.