This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2021. Therefore this version remains current.
ISO/IEC 23000-12:2010 specifies a file format designed for interactive music services. It integrates the multiple audio tracks with appropriate additional information for enabling users to experience various preset mixes and to make their own mixes complying with interactivity rules imposed by the producer.
- a file type brand regarding relevant application area, and
- a file structure, which is capable of storage with multiple audio tracks with the following:
- group information on hierarchical structure of audio tracks;
- preset which is predefined mixing information on multiple audio tracks;
- rule which introduces specific data related to user's interaction;
- timed text, image and metadata.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2010-07
Edition: 1Number of pages: 26
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 29 Coding of audio, picture, multimedia and hypermedia information
- ICS :
- 35.040.40 Coding of audio, video, multimedia and hypermedia information
Buy this standard
|std 1 124|
|std 2 124||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Corrigenda / AmendmentsPublished
ISO/IEC 23000-12:2010/Amd 1:2011Published
ISO/IEC 23000-12:2010/Amd 2:2012Published
ISO/IEC 23000-12:2010/Amd 3:2013
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.