This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2017. Therefore this version remains current.
The electronic version of this International Standard can be downloaded from the ISO/IEC Information Technology Task Force (ITTF) web site
ISO/IEC 16317:2011 specifies maintenance of network connectivity and presence by proxies to extend the sleep duration of hosts.
ISO/IEC 16317:2011 specifies:
- capabilities that a proxy may expose to a host;
- information that must be exchanged between a host and a proxy;
- proxy behaviour for 802.3 (Ethernet) and 802.11 (WiFi);
- required and optional behaviour of a proxy while it is operating, including responding to packets, generating packets, ignoring packets, and waking the host.
ISO/IEC 16317:2011 does not:
- specify communication mechanisms between hosts and proxies;
- extend or modify the referenced specifications (and for any discrepancies those specifications are authoritative);
- support security and communication protocols such as IPsec, MACSec, SSL, TLS, Mobile IP, etc.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2011-10
Edition: 1Number of pages: 26
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 6 Telecommunications and information exchange between systems
- ICS :
- 35.110 Networking
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
Buy this standard
|std 1 124||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.60 (Under review)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.