The electronic version of this International Standard can be downloaded from the ISO/IEC Information Technology Task Force (ITTF) web site.
ISO/IEC 29341-16-10:2011(E) describes a service definition which is compliant with the UPnP Device Architecture version 1.0.service. This service-type enables modelling of "Basic Power Management Proxy" function capabilities. Basic Power Management Proxy (BPMPX) is a combination of UPnP service and a control point. As Control Point, Proxy discovers and controls Low Power Device services running in the network, and as UPnP Proxy service, it advertises itself to the network, and responds to actions from low power aware Control Point. [LPARCH] Basic functions that BPMPX does are as follows:
- Receive multicast discovery messages from power managed UPnP devices in order to be. aware of their power states (i.e. the BPMPX will act as Control Point).
- Send multicast or unicast discovery messages (i.e. M-SEARCH) to query UPnP devices and keep track of their power states (i.e. the BPMPX will act as Control Point).
- Send GetPowerManagementInfo action to obtain power management mechanism provided by power-aware devices.
- Should send the appropriate wakeup message to the specified sleeping device when it receives WakeupDevice action from power aware Control Point. [LPARCH]. Act as UPnP service.
- Sending BPMPX service announcements and M-Search replies.
- Respond to SearchSleepingDevices action to provide the information of sleeping devices in network.
- Respond to Wakeup action from Control Point. (Wake up action is directed to the low power devices and not for waking up the BPMPX).
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2011-08
Edition: 1Number of pages: 12
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1 Information technology
- ICS :
- 35.200 Interface and interconnection equipment
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goals:
Buy this standard
|std 1 61|
|std 2 61||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.60 (Under review)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.