The electronic version of this International Standard can be downloaded from the ISO/IEC Information Technology Task Force (ITTF) web site.
ISO/IEC 29341-17-11:2011(E) describes the service-type that enables modelling of 'Quality of Service Manager' function capabilities. This service provides a mechanism for a Control Point to:
- Be agnostic of the QoS capabilities and associated details about the various QoS Devices on the network at the expense of potential network inefficiency.
- Abstract the tasks of setting up, modifying and revoking the QoS associated with every traffic stream.
- QosManager:3 defines new capabilities to set up Parameterized QoS. Control Points may now request reservations for specific resources for the exclusive use of individual streams. Successful resource reservation ensures that streams will always have the bandwidth and other resources to transport time critical data.
- QosManager:3 defines a method for Control Points to request preemption of existing reservations on the UPnP-QoS network if necessary to admit a new stream.
- QosManager:3 supports a mechanism for providing a list of blocking streams to a Control Point so that it can handle preemption on its own, if desired. This service definition is compliant with the UPnP Device Architecture version 1.0.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2011-08
Edition: 1Number of pages: 83
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1 Information technology
- ICS :
- 35.200 Interface and interconnection equipment
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goals:
Buy this standard
|std 1 208|
|std 2 208||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.60 (Under review)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.