This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2021. Therefore this version remains current.
ISO 17839-2:2015 defines the following:
- dimensions of a Biometric System-on-Card type S1 and type S2;
- position and size of the biometric capture device;
- minimum requirements to a Biometric System-on-Card with respect to
- - mechanical durability, and
- ? man-machine interface and ergonomics.
The standardization of other on-card devices such as an electronic display or a keypad is outside the scope of this part of ISO/IEC 17839.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2015-11
Corrected version (en): 2018-02
Edition: 1Number of pages: 6
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 17 Cards and security devices for personal identification
- ICS :
- 35.240.15 Identification cards. Chip cards. Biometrics
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
Buy this standard
|std 1 40|
|std 2 40||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.92 (To be revised)
Corrigenda / AmendmentsPublished
ISO/IEC 17839-2:2015/Amd 1:2021
Will be replaced byUnder development
ISO/IEC CD 17839-2.2
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.