This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2022. Therefore this version remains current.
ISO/IEC/IEEE 29119-5:2016 defines an efficient and consistent solution for Keyword-Driven Testing by:
- giving an introduction to Keyword-Driven Testing;
- providing a reference approach to implement Keyword-Driven Testing;
- defining requirements on frameworks for Keyword-Driven Testing to enable testers to share their work items, such as test cases, test data, keywords, or complete test specifications;
- defining requirements for tools that support Keyword-Driven Testing. These requirements could apply to any tool that supports the Keyword-Driven approach (e.g., test automation, test design and test management tools);
- defining interfaces and a common data exchange format to ensure that tools from different vendors can exchange their data (e.g. test cases, test data and test results);
- defining levels of hierarchical keywords, and advising use of hierarchical keywords. This includes describing specific types of keywords (e.g. keywords for navigation or for checking a value) and when to use "flat" structured keywords;
- providing an initial list of example generic technical (low-level) keywords, such as "inputData" or "checkValue". These keywords can be used to specify test cases on a technical level, and may be combined to create business-level keywords as required.
NOTE This standard is applicable to all those who want to create keyword-driven test specifications, create corresponding frameworks, or build test automation based on keywords.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2016-11
Edition: 1Number of pages: 54
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7 Software and systems engineering
- ICS :
- 35.080 Software
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
Buy this standard
|std 1 187|
|std 2 187||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.