ISO/IEC 14496-30:2014 defines a storage format based on, and compatible with, the ISO Base Media File Format (ISO/IEC 14496-12 and ISO/IEC 15444-12), which is used by the MP4 file format (ISO/IEC 14496-14) and the Motion JPEG 2000 file format (ISO/IEC 15444-3) among others. ISO/IEC 14496-30:2014 enables timed text and subtitle streams to
- be used in conjunction with other media streams, such as audio or video,
- be used in an MPEG-4 systems environment, if desired,
- be formatted for delivery by a streaming server, using hint tracks, and
- inherit all the use cases and features of the ISO Base Media File Format on which MP4 and MJ2 are based.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2014-03
Edition: 1Number of pages: 12
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 29 Coding of audio, picture, multimedia and hypermedia information
- ICS :
- 35.040.40 Coding of audio, video, multimedia and hypermedia information
ISO/IEC 14496-30:2014Stage: 95.99
Corrigenda / AmendmentsWithdrawn
ISO/IEC 14496-30:2014/Cor 1:2015
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.