ISO 16773-2:2016 gives guidelines for optimizing the collection of EIS data with focus on high-impedance systems. High impedance in the context of intact coatings refers to systems with an impedance greater than 109 Ω⋅cm2. This does not preclude measurements on systems with lower impedance. For uncoated samples extra information can be found in ISO/TR 16208.
ISO 16773-2:2016 deals with the following:
- instrumental set-up: requirements and pit-falls;
- data validation: checking the measurement range and the accuracy of the data;
- performing an EIS measurement: specimen considerations and instrumental parameters;
- the experimental results: different methods of presenting EIS data.
These guidelines are intended to ensure the acquisition of EIS data that can be used to study the performance of the specimen. This part of ISO 16773 does not give guidelines for the interpretation of the data.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2016-04
Edition: 2Number of pages: 24
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 35/SC 9 General test methods for paints and varnishes
- ICS :
- 87.040 Paints and varnishes
Buy this standard
|std 1 124|
|std 2 124||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.