ISO 196660 | IDF 237:2018 specifies an acidobutyrometric method for determining the fat content of cream. The reference method remains the gravimetric method (by ammoniacal ether extraction) described in ISO 2450 | IDF 16.
This method is applicable to cream having a fat content between 20 % and 50 % inclusive:
- intended for manufacturing butter;
- sweet, unmatured and non-inoculated;
- raw or having undergone a heat treatment;
- with or without preservatives (2-bromo-2-nitropropane, 1,3 diol or bronopol).
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2018-02
Edition: 1Number of pages: 14
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 34/SC 5 Milk and milk products
- ICS :
- 67.100.99 Other milk products
Buy this standard
|std 1 92|
|std 2 92||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.20 (Under review)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.