ISO/IEC 28360:2015 specifies methods to determine chemical emission rates of Analyte from ICT & CE equipment during intended operation in an Emission Test Chamber (ETC).
The methods comprise preparation, sampling (or monitoring) in a controlled ETC, storage and analysis, calculation and reporting of emission rates.
This International Standard includes specific methods for equipment using consumables, such as printers, and equipment not using consumables, such as monitors and PC's. Annex A specifies monochrome and colour print patterns for use in the operating phase of EUT using consumables (e.g. paper).
Examples of EUT that do not use consumables are:
· Monitors and TV sets (CRT, Plasma, LCD, Rear projector, Beamer).
· Video (VCR, DVD Player/Recorder, Camcorder).
· SAT Receiver (Set-Top Box).
· Audio units (CD Player/Recorder, Home theatre Systems, Audio Home Systems, Micro-/Mini, Midi Systems, Amplifier, Receiver).
· Portable Audio (CD Player, MP 3 Player, Radio recorder, Clock radio etc).
· Computer (desktop, tower, server), portable computers (Notebooks).
Emission rates from EUT using consumables may also be determined according to additional requirements identified by "RAL-UZ 171 Option".
Calculations use the generalised model and approximations thereof as developed in Annex C.
The emission rates determined with this method may be used to compare equipment in the same class.
Predictions of "real indoor" concentrations from the determined emission rates are outside the scope of this International Standard.