ISO/IEC 8825-3:2015 defines a notation for specifying encodings of ASN.1 types or of parts of types.
It provides several mechanisms for such specification, including:
- direct specification of the encoding using standardized notation;
- specification of the encoding by reference to standardized encoding rules;
- specification of the encoding of an ASN.1 type by reference to an encoding structure;
- specification of the encoding using non-ECN notation.
It also provides the means to link the specification of encodings to the type definitions to which they are to be applied.
ECN does not currently provide any support for specifications using the OID internationalized resource identifier type or the relative OID internationalized resource identifier type (see Rec. ITU-T X.680 | ISO/IEC 8824-1), and these are not referred to further in this Standard.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2015-11
Edition: 3Number of pages: 200
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 6 Telecommunications and information exchange between systems
- ICS :
- 35.100.60 Presentation layer
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
ISO/IEC 8825-3:2008/Cor 1:2012
ISO/IEC 8825-3:2015Stage: 95.99
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.