ISO/TS 15926-12:2018 specifies an ontology for the integration of industrial data throughout its life-cycle. The ontology is represented in Web Ontology Language (OWL).
The following are within the scope of ISO/TS 15926-12:2018:
· fundamental subclasses of an individual that exists in an actual or possible world, including physical object, activity and event;
· relationships between physical objects, activities and events, including the creation and destruction of physical objects;
· whole-part relationships between physical objects, including temporal part relationships that implement a 4-dimensional (4D) approach to change over time;
· points and periods in time;
· points and regions in space;
· the identification of points in time by text strings in the format defined by ISO 8601.
The following are outside the scope of ISO/TS 15926-12:2018:
· definitions of physical quantities and measurement scales;
· knowledge organization and document metadata specifications;
· approval and status;
· geometry and topology, including shape.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2018-07
Edition: 1Number of pages: 67
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 184/SC 4 Industrial data
Buy this standard
|std 1 187||PDF + ePub|
|std 2 187||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.