This document describes the enabling and driving technologies of underwater communication such as acoustic communication, optical communication, Very Low Frequency (VLF)/Extremely Low Frequency (ELF) communication, and Magnetic Fusion Communication (MFC). This document also highlights:
– technical overview of different communication technologies;
– characteristics of different communication technologies;
– trends of different communication technologies;
– applications of each communication technology;
– benefits and challenges of each communication technology.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2021-06
Edition: 1Number of pages: 60
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 41 Internet of things and digital twin
- ICS :
- 33.020 Telecommunications in general
Buy this standard
|std 1 187|
|std 2 187||Paper|
ISO/IEC TR 30167:2021Stage: 60.60
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.